Most Hungarian folk dance shows in Budapest take place in the Danube Palace (Duna Palota) by the Four Seasons Hotel in Budapest.RESERVATION with e-Ticket
Hungarian Folks shows in Budapest, Hungary
The neo-baroque building of Danube Palace is where three of the most well known Hungarian folk ensembles perform with great success:
- Hungarian State Folk Ensemble
- Danube Folk Ensemble
- Rajko Folk Ensemble (former Hungaria Folk Ensemble & Orchestra)
Needless to say, the most prestigious folk ensemble is the national dance ensemble, the Hungarian State Folk Ensemble. Booking in advance is warmly recommended. Please see our reservation form on the left side.
The more traditional folk dances and music are performed by the Rajko Folk Ensemble and the Danube Folk Ensemble.
Hungarian Folk Dance Shows
- Authentic Folk Dances: century old movements, dances of couples, groups and solo dancers, from the Hungarian Middle Ages to the 19th century (most of them collected in isolated Hungarian villages in the early 20th century). The dances are authentic and put together is an amazing show.
- Award winning Hungarian Folk Dancers: the folk dance ensembles (founded in the 1950s) have earned numerous international awards
- Hungarian Folk Dresses: traditional Hungarian embroidery from various regions and for a wide range of occasions
- Spectacular Dance Show: the traditional Hungarian folk dances are put into a narration. Events and life stories emerge from the Hungarian folk dance shows with powerful dynamics: love, desire, loss, youth, celebration, fun, teasing, and many more feelings evoked during the folk show performances
- Great Value for Money: the tickets for the Hungarian folk shows are very affordable (as is Budapest in general. On top of the cheap ticket prices, students can get discounts, and there are many deals and packages. Folk show tickets start from 22 Euros, you can check the Seating Plan of Budapest Folk Shows here
- VIP Tickets available (please see inclusions below)
- Historical Concert Hall: the venue of the folk shows are in beautiful historical buildings, worth a visit themselves. The Duna Palace is (Danube Palace) behind the five star Gresham Palace.
- Central location: the concert halls are 5-15 min Budapest city center. Please see the schedule of Pest side and Buda side venues for the shows: Budapest Folk Show Venues
- Family event: Hungarian folk shows in Budapest are an ideal option if you visit Budapest with family or friends of mixed interests
- Optional Taxi Transfer: for 14 Euros per person you can buy a Taxi Transfer Upgrade, which includes hotel pick up and drop off after the Folk Show
Hungarian Folk Shows Budapest 2018
Each folk show starts at 8 pm in the evening. The folk dance show is from 8 pm to 9:45 pm (with 15 min intermission), performed in 2 shows. The first half of the show is approx. 40 min, then comes a 15 min break, followed by another approx. 40 min act.
When the Folk Dance Show has ended, you can opt for a Danube city cruise to continue your beautiful cultural night in Budapest. The late night cruise leaves at 10 pm from near the Hungarian Folk Show venue. The cruise is 90 minutes in length, with 2 Drinks included in the cruise fee. If you feel hungry, you can upgrade for a cruise ticket with a candle lit Dinner and 2 Drinks. The package price of the Folk Show with the Night Cruise is a good deal. After the show you will be accompanied to the cruise ship by the show hostesses.
Dates of Hungarian Folk Shows on Pest side:
January, 2018: 6
March, 2018: 3, 10, 17, 24, 30, 31
April, 2018: 1, 2, 7, 14, 21, 27, 28
May, 2018: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
June, 2018: 1,3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29,
July, 2018: 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28, 30, 31
August, 2018: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
September, 2018: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 30
October, 2018: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 25, 26, 28, 31
November, 2018: 3, 10, 17, 24
December, 2018: 1, 8, 15, 22, 26, 28, 29
If you cannot see a date, it means that there is no folk show scheduled on that day, but if you wish to organize a private Hungarian Folk Show event for your group in Budapest, please contact us at info [at] hungarianfolk.com for a private event quote.RESERVATION with e-Ticket
Booking Budapest Folk Show
You can book a folk show performance if you are visiting Budapest, the capital city of Hungary. Performances are almost every day from May to late October. The shows are performed by 3 of the best folk ensembles in Hungary. If you are interested in a specific folk ensemble please let us know. Contact info [at] hungarianfolk.com for requests or inquiries.
The tickets come in four categories: VIP, Category 1, Category 2 and Category 3: check the Seating Plan of Budapest Folk Shows here. The VIP and first class tickets are the best seats to see the Hungarian Folk Show, second class tickets offer very good viewing, while 3rd class show tickets are with good views of the dance show.
Inclusions of the VIP Category:
- Private taxi transfer: Hotel pickup (at 6.30 pm) and drop off after the show
- Best seats in the theater
- Private host to attend to you before the concert and in the intermission
- Private guided tour of the venue in English language (approx. 30 min)
- Professional Photo
- Hungarian Souvenir
- Glass of Sparkling Wine
The shows are in the historical concert hall of Danube Palace in the city center on the Pest side. We will let you know in your confirmation of the ticket reservation on how you can get there. At your special request, we can give you a detailed itinerary (usually guests need to know the way from their hotel to the Folk Show venue).
You can also buy the folk show tickets in a night program package: Hungarian Folk Show followed by a 1.5 hour Danube cruise in the city.RESERVATION with e-Ticket