The venue of the Hungarian Folk Dance and Music show is alternating on the two Danube riversides of Budapest, between the city central Danube Palace on the Pest side, and the picturesque Budai Vigado on the Buda side of the city of Budapest. The Hungarian State Folk Ensemble present their shows in the Budai Vigado.
Folk Show Dates on the Pest side of Budapest
2017 February: 25
Folk Show Dates on the Buda side of Budapest
Venue: Budai Vigado Budapest
Address: 8 Corvin Square Budapest District I, (Buda side of Budapest, under the Buda Castle)
GPS Coordinates: 47.502998, 19.038189
Dates of Hungarian Folk Shows on Buda side:
Hungarian Folk Dance Shows
- Authentic Folk Dances: century old movements, dances of couples, groups and solo dancers, from the Hungarian Middle Ages to the 19th century (most of them collected in isolated Hungarian villages in the early 20th century). The dances are authentic and put together is an amazing show.
- Award winning Hungarian Folk Dancers: the folk dance ensembles (founded in the 1950s) have earned numerous international awards
- Hungarian Folk Dresses: traditional Hungarian embroidery from various regions and for a wide range of occasions
- Spectacular Dance Show: the traditional Hungarian folk dances are put into a narration. Events and life stories emerge from the Hungarian folk dance shows with powerful dynamics: love, desire, loss, youth, celebration, fun, teasing, and many more feelings evoked during the folk show performances
- Great Value for Money: the tickets for the Hungarian folk shows are very affordable (as is Budapest in general. On top of the cheap ticket prices, students can get discounts, and there are many deals and packages. Folk show tickets start from 14 Euros, you can check the Seating Plan of Budapest Folk Shows here
- Historical Concert Halls: the venues of the folk shows are in beautiful historical buildings, worth a visit themselves. The Buda Vigado (Budai Vigado) on the Buda side (under the Buda Castle), and the Duna Palace (Danube Palace) behind the five star Gresham Palace.
- Central location: the concert halls are 5-15 min Budapest city center.
- Family event: Hungarian folk shows in Budapest are an ideal option if you visit Budapest with family or friends of mixed interests
Make the most of your evening with a beautiful Budapest river cruise following the Hungarian folk show. The night attractions of the city of Budapest are part of the UNESCO World Heritage, and will surely complete your evening of your Hungarian holiday. Book your seats for the cruise in our booking form on the left side (choose the program in the reservation form options box to see prices).